WORSHIP COMMITTEEChair Elspeth Thomson
Delegated oversight of the Worship life of Central Church, with a concern for corporate worship that glorifies God, builds faith, and is both reverent and relevant.
1. To design, develop and evaluate with the Minister of the Church, all aspects of worship, including the encouragement and planning of special worship services and celebrations.
2. To develop and review policy statements on Baptism, the Lord’s Supper, weddings and funerals, and to develop a policy to guide the use of the sacred space of the Sanctuary.
3. To hire the services of a Director of Music, providing a ministry position description and terms of employment.
4. To support the music and choral ministry of the congregation and, using the resources of the Director of Music, to hire, provide ministry position descriptions and terms of employment for choir soloists.
5. To encourage the development and support the work of ministry teams such as the Ushers Team, the Greeters Team, the Chancel Team, the Sacraments Team, the Prayer Team and the Taping Team, etc.
6. To encourage a thoughtful use of Christian tradition in worship, but also encourage vitality and variety in the congregation’s worship life using resources, local and otherwise, to help members be reflective about worship and participate in worship with enthusiasm.
7. To prepare an annual budget for all ministries under the oversight of the committee and submit it to the Resource Management Committee (RMC).
8. To report as necessary to the Session via the Reporting Elder.
If it is clearly within the mandate of the committee,
creative suggestions for new emerging ministries should be encouraged.