THE PURPOSE, VISION AND VALUES OF CENTRAL CHURCH HAMILTON
Approved by the Session of Central Church, December 2009
To worship God, grow as Jesus’ disciples, care for one another, and take God’s love to the world
- growing the congregation by inviting newcomers into the life of faith and this faith community
- deepening adult discipleship by providing opportunities to mature as Jesus’ disciples
- building up children and youth as followers of Jesus and active participants in the church.
- practicing pastoral care that enfolds every member into the congregation.
- communicating a broad ownership of ministry within the congregation, and making the congregation’s distinctive ministry known beyond the congregation.
- worshiping in ways shaped by Scripture, enriched by Christian tradition, and alive with the Holy Spirit.
- engaging in local mission to bring God’s love to Hamilton’s social and spiritual needs.
- being educated about, and involved in world mission.
- hosting a conference ministry that uses our resources to commend the Christian faith to the city and strengthen the regional church.
As the congregation lives its purpose and vision, we cherish the following values:
Respect for the Scriptures which witness to the Triune God
Assurance that God speaks through Biblical preaching
Reliance on prayer as communion with God
A conviction that music is vital to Christian ministry
Helping one another to learn and live the way of Christ
A desire to involve every member in meaningful ministry
Creativity and care in the stewardship of congregational resources
Seeking reverence and godly excellence in all we do
Providing a welcoming and hospitable community for all
A spirit of generosity and respect in our dealings with one another
Openness to partnering with others in ministry