FELLOWSHIP COMMITTEEChair Sonja Horzelenberg
Delegated oversight of the community life of the congregation with special regard for pastoral care, hospitality and membership assimilation.
1. To promote thorough communication systems throughout the congregation, chiefly through establishing a Communications Team who will oversee the Contact Newsletter, Annual Report, Bulletin Boards, Signage, Web-site, Photographic Directory etc.
2. To ensure that elderly, infirm, and vulnerable members of the congregation receive appropriate pastoral support, chiefly through the establishing of a Visitors in the Parish [VIP] Team.
3. To work with the Director of Pastoral Ministries, and support the Health Ministries Team.
4. To ensure a climate of hospitality throughout the congregation, using a variety of strategies, including the work of the Hospitality Team which oversees Sunday refreshments, and arranging transportation for those who need it, through a Transportation Team.
5. To create a series of inter-generational fellowship events such as Family Nights.
6. To promote Christian family life, through arranging for special events, workshops, or courses on marriage, parenting, ageing, dealing with grief etc.
7. To act as a link to Session for such groups as Central Connections, the Men’s Breakfast club, the Sunday Lunch Bunch, and Prime Time.
8. To prepare an annual budget for all ministries under the oversight of the committee and submit it to the RMC.
9. To report as necessary to the Session via the Reporting Elder.
If it is clearly within the mandate of the committee,
creative suggestions for new emerging ministries should be encouraged.